środa, 13 sierpnia 2014

The Butcher Boy

The buses were green as gooseberries and a stone pillar cut the sky. This is Dublin I says to a fellow yeah its Dublin where do you think it is for the love of Jaysus. I liked the way he said that and I tried to say it myself. Jay-zuss. Who's that over there I says to this woman and she looks at me with her mouth open. A big grey statue mouthing about something in the middle of the street and birds shiting all over his head. I thought it was the president but she told me it was Daniel O'Connell. I didn' know anything about him except he was something to do with the English and all that.

Patrick McCabe, The Butcher Boy




Daniel O'Connell statue, Dublin

1 komentarz:

  1. Cudne, cudne kolory na pierwszym zdjęciu! Kolory irlandzkiego popołudnia :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń